JeromeSaurFeatured By OwnerMay 22, 2013Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Same here. I kind of want to see it, but I think it may be like monster high. But after watching this, /watch?v=_xQ7HEpXlFk&list=UUVMHeGxapJKk0bae2EIQ52g&index=1 It changed my mind about it. They probably made the trailer cheesy on purpose.
Spike The Dog and the fact that it's set in an overdone setting, plus all the cliches that seem to be played straight here for additional damage?!
NOPE, UH-UH, FUCK YOU, BITCH! Season 4 of this show (and Season of LPS (2012), definitely!) BETTER FUCKING BLOW ME THE FUCK AWAY AFTER THIS HORSESHIT LEAVES MY DOORSTEP!!! Even the worst episodes of both those shows could blow me away harder than this is looking to do...which is a goddamn whimper at most [and not even that much!].
If I want GOOD High School shows, this is what I will stick with, thank you very much (Bad taste notwithstanding!!):
- 6Teen (Say whatever the fuck you want to me - at least this show is intelligent, down to earth, and sincere/believable in its execution, writing and storytelling direction of its focused characters. Not to mention, it doesn't take place in school, so that's something, indeed [even if it stuck in a mall, but whatever!]...)
- American Dragon (Well, not too much - that main character did annoy me a little, but the story was alright, and the character development helped it out quite a lot, too!)
- As Told By Ginger (at least that show is sincere about what it's doing and works better for it, too!)
- Atomic Betty (Not the best show I've ever seen, but still pretty damn good effort, now that I've given it more of a chance... It actually managed to tell a decent enough story and end itself on a high note, though Season 3's quality/execution overall is quite questionable, unfortunately...The art style actually keeps me interested in its worst of times [unlike some BS anime I won't mention here, as much as I fucking hate 95% of ANYTHING that comes out of Japan, especially today!].)
- Code Lyoko (This show is so goddamn smart and its characters so damn likable, I don't even have words... Besides the unique sci-fi premise of how computer technological abuse is dangerous in today's society (plus, the show doesn't preach its premise, making it even more accessible for the causal viewer!)
- Daria (It's that much needed punch in you face to the whole High School concept and is awesome all the more for it, dammit!)
- Doug [Nick Ver. ONLY] (Same boat as ATBG. Nuff' Said! Though I wouldn't revisit it too much - I relate more to Roger, honestly - not Doug...)
- Grossology (This actually takes gross humor and makes it work, even if the main focus is on high school students... At least I feel smarter about stuff watching it, just like FiM and LPS (2012)!)
- Growing Up Creepie (Unique premise [bugs in a positive light - even though bugs are annoying. Sad, but true!], equally likeable characters, and too good to last!)
- Hey Arnold (Some of the best storytelling and characterization in a real life-like setting, including the school that Nick has ever attempted in their whole miserable existence, besides ATBG [IMHO] HANDS DOWN!)
- Kim Possible (Easily... EASILY Disney's best work in TV in the 2000's and a shining example of how you do the high school premise and make it unique and engaging as possible. I'm sorry I don't pay more attention to it!)
- Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja (Too. Damn. Good. To Last. And unlike Naruto, has an actual ninja and flawed likable characters, despite its obvious setting!)
- Totally Spies (Cheesy yes, but self-aware and all the more enjoyable for it, with decent action to boot? Hell yeah. Geri is awesome, too.)
- WINX Club (while mostly a guilty pleasure [at worst], at least this show had the action and adventure angles needed to stay interesting enough, which is more than I can say for EQG (which is looking more and more like BS to me as I type out my thoughts!!!)
And with that, I'm done - this needs to fail harder than the Buzz on Maggie if we ever want to avert the cliches and stereotypes shows of my exemplification(s) are maligned and frowned upon for if Western Animation ever wants to progress to newer and better heights than it ever has as of late!
Well maybe the memorable thing about this is that they went human. IDK.
Maybe it might (hopefully not) like The Last Airbender. The movie sucks so the creators from ATLA created the Legend of Korra. Maybe IF the movie sucks, then Season 4 of MLP will kick ass. And can't wait for LPS season 2.